Aevum ArcheAge Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The big question

3 posters

Go down

The big question Empty The big question

Post by Dusk Dusk Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:36 pm

This can get to be a touchy subject very, very quickly. But it’s one that needs to be asked early. The good news is we can take a very long time trying to answer it.

Is this guild going to require a player to have a specific build available at request?

I will be the first one to say that this is a double edge sword and it usually ruffles my feathers. I LOVE to play around with different builds. I’ve play 7 different ones already and I’m level 34… but this is a PvP game and some build are and will be superior to other builds. Do we want to identify ~5-10 of the top PvP builds and request that each member be able to play one of them?

This could be, but probably shouldn’t be required for every day interactions and use. But it could be VERY, VERY beneficial in a large number of situations. For instance, if we can only do siege warfare or castle defense on Saturdays then everyone is on a top PvP-only build on Saturdays.

We can have a selection of several so each player can come close to their preferred play style and not have to re-gear.

Also these build would be subject to change, and would have to change. Our enemy’s will adapt over time and patches will change our effectiveness.

The running list of what I have so far are:

Blighters
Dark Runners
Templars
Heal totems (class name?)

I am certain there are many more we can actively test and debate about for months to come. Personally I plan I having a Templar build available after I reach 50 for events like last nights, but I sure as hell don’t want to quest in it.

Anyway, that my 2 cents… comments?

Dusk Dusk
Officer

Back to top Go down

The big question Empty Re: The big question

Post by Teti_AA Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:23 pm

I honestly haven't dived into the builds yet. I've been waiting to hit level 50 and then find my place in the game. I like group PvP much more then 1v1 PvP. I also like helping out guildies. I might even like being a healer. I'm really not sure yet. It's something I plan to explore more of at level 50. The downside is leveling up those skills lol.
Teti_AA
Teti_AA

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheerios Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:22 am

I doubt specific builds would be required, or enforced but it is likely that someone with a more optimal build would be given priority over someone with a less ideal group if we've only got limited spots.

Cheerios
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum