Aevum ArcheAge Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stone Arrow

Go down

The Stone Arrow Empty The Stone Arrow

Post by Dusk Dusk Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 am

The Stone Arrow

Given recent discussions in guild chat and TS3, quite a few of us decided to re-roll Stone Arrow (Archery, Shadow Play, Defense) as part of our Alpha test. And I know of several more considering it. As we have such a strong focus on this particular class, I figured we’d better get our thoughts together and see if we can max this classes potential for the 2-3 roles that it can likely fill.

Dusk Dusk
Officer

Back to top Go down

The Stone Arrow Empty Re: The Stone Arrow

Post by Dusk Dusk Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:41 am

I’ll start with my reasoning behind picking a class that seems to be a guild buzz word and my expectations.

As some of you know, I play on a satellite connection. Therefor I am seeking a kitting class with substantial offensive damage and damage mitigation to better survive my increased Ping. I initially focused on high MDPS builds paired with abundant damage mitigation; however, I found the lack of mobility a bit lackluster for my tastes.

I am finding great joy in the offense/defense balance with abundant mobility and several CC abilities to be exactly what I have been looking for over the last 4-5 weeks of play. My chief complaint is the lack of AOE, but I guess we can’t have everything. I should also include that my focus is primarily based on PvP encounters with a secondary consideration as PvE (dungeons and Raids).

Below is what I believe I will be focusing on for offensive (likely back line or flank) and scouting roles in PvP that can double as DPS in PvE. It is entirely a single target build. The goal is to open with toxic, stalker’s, charged, then piercing. And to use Endless to generate extra bloodlust to dump into Piercing on the next rotation. The two stuns are for when enemy’s close quickly and will likely be following with a drop back. Two “O shit” buttons in Agile and Redoubt. And finally 3, 30min buffs (1 offensive/2 defensive).

Everything else (mostly passives) has been chosen to maximize the damage mitigation/survivability, whether it be by maintaining distance when kitting or increasing the dual mitigation that is evasion and block.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/2074

While am I fairly confident in my skill selection, everything is open to debate at this point and I welcome constructive criticism. I also realize this is only one application for this build. I did not address the PVE tank perspective, the melee secondary abilities or the full PvP tank/CC potential. If that is what you are thinking, please expand it and share your ideas.

What I am not confident on (and the reason for making this thread) is the gear selection and Stat priority.

What I am thinking is agility then stamina. I was considering agility, strength then stamina but I felt this divided my roles too greatly and minimized my raged damage. I also considered all agility but I am unsure if I would be too squishy even though I would have a greater evasion rate. Additionally, after reviewing the current selection of accessory options, it is possible to increase your block chance alone without the need for higher strength (though this is subject to great change in coming patches and release).

I am strongly considering Squall Leather armor set for the Agility/stamina stats; the ~even slit between physical and magic defense and the stat bonus on higher sets that increase evasion rates. This is paired with the Gale set of accessories as it increases both agility and block rate. And a Bow; shield; katana/spear weapon set the focuses primarily on agility if possible.

Is this on point or are there contradicting thoughts that may maximize the role I have chosen?
Is this the strongest application of this build for PvP or should I be focusing on another role when considering the class?
What are your builds and what roles do they fill as a Stone Arrow?

Dusk Dusk
Officer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum