Aevum ArcheAge Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pros and Cons of Housing Zones

5 posters

Go down

Pros and Cons of Housing Zones Empty Pros and Cons of Housing Zones

Post by Mahi Fri May 30, 2014 7:49 pm

What is your favorite spot? Where are your planning to rush? Where would your dream home be? Let's discuss pros and cons of settling in various zones. Feel free to argue your case, or to tell me reasons my favorite spot isn't such a good idea. I want to turn this into a "food for thought" list for people who might be undecided. Let''s leave off subjective reasons such as "It's pretty" or "I like it" and try to stick to mechanical, economic, or strategic advantages and disadvantages only.

Here are my two picks.

Villanelle:

Lutesong Hill
Pros:
Very close to the specialty workbench in the zone.
Very close to the shore.
Closer to public farms.
Great staging area for trade runs.

Cons:
Will be a popular spot at launch.

Lutesong Harbor
Pros:
Very convenient access to ocean.
Convenient to the airship.

Cons:
Merchants can be inconvenient.
Will be a popular spot.

Mahi
Officer

Back to top Go down

Pros and Cons of Housing Zones Empty Re: Pros and Cons of Housing Zones

Post by SerinaNight Fri May 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Falcorth has the upside of not only being extremely near the specialty bench, but also near the airships. Plus, the airships take you almost everywhere on the continent within either another airship ride or a one zone walk.

Cons being it's a newbie area so it will go super fast. It is also unlikely that we will be able to force people to move, since it's a non-PVP zone.

SerinaNight
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekashiro Sat May 31, 2014 7:17 pm

I think come launch, there should be atleast 2 small farms at vill so we can take cotton to these locations and have placed at the farms si when sanddeep goes . Peace we can quickly paxk n go
Tekashiro
Tekashiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekashiro Sat May 31, 2014 7:19 pm

About 25 packs fit in a small farm.
Tekashiro
Tekashiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekashiro Sat May 31, 2014 7:21 pm

About 25 packs fit in a small farm.
Tekashiro
Tekashiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Dusk Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Originally I was planning on going temperate come launch. However, I am reconsidering as I continue to play… I find my highest priority being the relative proximity of all my farms, this includes aqua farms. Thus I am concentrating on maps with available aqua farm/house plots. I have ruled out Yin as it’s an extremely active PvP zone with little guild activity, which leaves me more vulnerable to being attacked while farming. I have also ruled out Ville as I doubt I can get all of the land I desire.

I have begun to strongly consider Solis as my future farm stead. I would like 2 large farms and a large aqua farm (with house) within a 5 minute walk. The largest hurdle is what appears to be a VERY large investment for the house.

Pros:
Arid – Less competition, ability to grow a select amount plants quickly for niche markets
Aqua housing zone – The Breezy Bungalow provides the same benefits as a thatched farm house, it functions as both a farm and a house that are included in one tax payment and one property. Second, the aqua farm size is substantially larger than the normal aqua farm’s allowing for more kelp and coral
Aqua housing zone – Despite the advantages offered by this type of house, it appears to be undervalued and unpopular. So there is abundant availability of plots.
Aqua housing zone – My house can serve as a staging point for cross continent trade runs, it will already be on the water. Though I have yet to test it, there is a lower level that seems to be very underutilized; it is my hope that I/we can place packs there. I will be attempting to get an edge or corner lot so I can pull a boat to the dock for very fast transfers.
Non-PvP zone – I will always be safe while attempting to farm and trade packs will always be in a safe zone

Cons:
Non-PvP zone – The greatest disadvantage is that I can’t force players away or out by hunting/killing
Arid – Unless it’s an arid crop, everything else will grow but it will grow slower than anywhere else. This means I can’t max farm production
Remote map – Solis is some distance away from most maps and the travel time (to and from) is high from the PvP zones
High cost of establishment – Until securing a Bungalow (which is a very sizable investment), I will be forced to place a standard aqua farm in Ville which increases time spent traveling or will burn hereafter stones
High operating cost – Corals are normally more expensive than most corps and are on par with large trees in many cases. As I will try and have a large aqua farming area, it will require a higher operating cost than most farming operations

Dusk Dusk
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Teti_AA Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:04 am

Having started out in Falcorth with a small in Mahadevi I eventually moved all farms to Solis. Namely because it was much more easier to get my farms together. Even though it's Arid and it does delay some crops I have found that the majority of what I plant and harvest fits easily within my time frame. I harvest and plant before heading out to work and by that evening around 7-ish it's usually ready for the next batch of harvesting and planting. This cycle repeats.

I don't think I will ever be a min-max farmer/gatherer so with that in mind I will be setting up home base in Solis. Plus I like the easy access to Austere and the open water. I've grown fond of the land. I might eventually plant a large in the guild area on a secondary account and use it mainly to help out the guild by planting and burning labor for those in need.
Teti_AA
Teti_AA

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekashiro Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Teti ur farm would be great for archeum since the place to get water is in austera. You should rly use tht to ir advantage
Tekashiro
Tekashiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down