Aevum ArcheAge Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week!

Go down

Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week! Empty Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week!

Post by Teti_AA Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:07 pm

So after playing around with farming, gathering and husbandry I've figured out something that works out well for me and is an undisputed steady source of profit income. Keep in mind... this is based on several factors. One being that I'm not concerned with leveling proficiency, two being that I'm not concerned with min-maxing to get the most profit possible and three, the most important factor to me, that I ENJOY what I'm doing.

Dairy milk is profitable. I've come up with a plan that will earn me a gross amount of roughly 330 gold a week. Here's how I've broken it down:

4 Large Farm Plots of Dairy Cows with a 10 hr harvest time. The 10 hr harvest is due to being in an Arid zone. If you live in Temperate then it's 7 hr I believe. However, even though I could earn more profit in Temperate I do not plan to be on to harvest three times a day. I work a full time job. Being in Arid works for me because I can get on before work in the morning to milk my cows and then when I get home in the evening, they'll be ready to be milked again.

So with that in mind, here's the numbers I've roughly come up with:
1 plot: I have 19 cows (due to fencing I couldn't place the 20th).
Milking 19 cows takes me just shy of 5 minutes.
Milk sold to a vendor goes for about 6 gold.

Now take that gold sold to the vendor and multiply it by 4:
$6 x 4 = $24g

That's just one harvest. Now multiply THAT by 2:
$24 x 2 = $48g

That is just one single day's gross income from dairy milk. Multiply that by 7 to get the week's total:
$48 x 7 = $336g

A few things to keep in mind when farming cows is that you need roughly 50g up front to pay for 1 farm plot's worth of cows. Then you need approx. 10 cycles of harvesting to break even and start getting profit from your cows. So your first week of milking cows is simply paying for the cows and getting into the green. Also, none of these numbers account for sick cows. They need to be healed and will not provide milk for that cycle. Also, you need combined feed. I have a thatched that I can plant enough clover, pumpkins and rice bundles to provide enough combined feed for a week's worth in a single day. That then leaves me with 6 days of thatched farm space to plant whatever I want.

Sport fishing is obviously a more profitable source of income but there's a risk involved. Dairy milking is a slower source of income but it does not take much time. Here's the numbers on the labor factor involved:

Labor to milk 19 cows: 342
4 plots: 1368
1 day: 2736

End Results:

For just 280 minutes of time a week I spend 2736 labor a day and make 330 gold a week. That comes out to roughly 1.18 gold a minute for time spent.

This leaves me with plenty of free time to help out guildies or mess around and because I run multiple accounts it also leaves me with plenty of labor to do trade runs which just bring in more gold because I grow materials needed for trade runs on my thatched farm.

Because I  run multiple accounts  the taxes are not expensive either. Regardless if I didn't I can afford the taxes by subtracting them from the total. It's still a great source of profit for very little time and effort.

I do realize there are better methods of earning income and leveling husbandry but this is what I enjoy and what works for me. I just wanted to share with others!  =)

- Teti

Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week! TetisCowFarm
Teti_AA
Teti_AA

Back to top Go down

Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week! Empty Re: Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week!

Post by Teti_AA Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 pm

My 2nd plot of cows have matured. Now it looks like they're having a face off, lol.

Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week! TetisDairyFarm01
Teti_AA
Teti_AA

Back to top Go down

Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week! Empty Re: Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week!

Post by Teti_AA Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:59 am

The third went up today! I'm getting there!

Dairy Farming and How You Can Make 330 gold Every Week! TetisDairyFarm02
Teti_AA
Teti_AA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down